Sunday, January 1, 2023

Twelve Days of Christmas

Day 8 - In the Dark Night (В темненькую нічку)

A peaceful and contemplative Ukrainian carol for New Years' Day . . . hope you've having a good one!

In the Dark Night

In the dark night, over Bethlehem,
A clear dawn has risen
Light covered the earth.
Immaculate Virgin, Holy Bride,
She gave birth to a Son in the manger.

Chorus:
Sleep, Jesus, sleep, little one,
Sleep, you, my little star.
Your fate, my dear,
I sing to you...

Gently kissed, covered with a veil,
I put her to bed, quietly started a song:
You will grow up, son,
You will become an adult
You will go in the world, My baby...
Chorus

God's love and God's truth
You, the world of faith, will carry your people,
The truth will live, the shackles of sin will break,
But my Child will die on Calvary...
Chorus

Sleep, Jesus, sleep, little one,
Sleep, You are my pink flower,
And with hope in You
The whole world is watching!

В темненькую нічку / In the Dark Night - Oleksandr Klymenko

В темненькую нічку / In the Dark Night - Concierto de navidad

В темненькую нічку / In the Dark Night


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twelve Days (After) Christmas

Day 12 -  Bogoróditse dyévo (Arvo Pärt, 1990) Bogoróditse Djévo (God Bless You) was completed in 1990, commissioned by the King’s College ...